Where’d she go? You may or may not be wondering what the heck happpened to me. Or you may not have noticed 🙂
I took a little mini-break from blogging (an extended weekend, really) to rest and relax. Last Monday I started my health program via the nutritionist and it is freakin’ INTENSIVE. After the first day of nausea, things have been looking up. Thank goodness.
I have to drink 3 mysterious green vitamin drinks per day – morning, noon, and evening. In between the green sludge, I have a variety of 13 or so pills that have to be taken at various times of the day: with meals, between meals, etc. Some of them are horse pills, and I am terrible at swallowing pills. (Insert my husband’s pervy, dirty jokes. I’ll leave that up to your imagination.) I have found that taking the pills with orange juice helps the whole process. I have no idea why?
The pills are meant to go beyond providing me with daily vitamin supplements. I have special minerals that are working to ease PMS, ease cramps, dissolve ovarian cysts, and break down my excessive uterine lining. Oooh, that’s hot, huh? EXCESSIVE.UTERINE.LINING. Say it again, baby!
I am trying my best to adhere to the program, and believe in it. I really want this to work; more than I can express in words. Like anything good in life, you have to believe in it. So I have become somewhat spiritual about the whole process. I am trying to take deep breaths, and have faith in the journey my body is on. It is also costing us an arm and a leg…so that helps my motivation, too.
It is the end of week one, and I am feeling pretty good. I seem to have more energy. Some of the positive things I have done for myself:
- Been walking the dogs, but actually ran with Henry around the block. I haven’t had the energy to actually jog/run in a looooong time.
- L threw his back out, so we did yoga together. He loved it! I think I have converted him.
- Been eating breakfast with Henry. Seriously, Henry won’t eat breakfast unless I stand in the kitchen and eat my breakfast with him every morning. My little motivator!
- Soaked up some Vitamin D by being outside for at least 30 minutes a day. Living in L.A., it is possible to not be outside EVER, and this has helped my moods a lot.
- I have actually applied my eye cream every night. My beginner’s crow’s feet will thank me later.
Anyway, so this health program is like its own part time job. I want to stay consistent with my blogging always, but I guess, sometimes life gets in the way. I feel really selfish mapping all of this out and talking incessantly about how I am helping myself. Me, me, me, me, me….But I learned the hard way that I can’t really help others until I help myself. And now, aside from random moments of weakness, I don’t really feel bad about what I’m doing.